Saturday, December 26, 2015

#86 - Man of Covenant #7

CIA principle #2 is something my Pastor has taught many times over the years, and that is that the Word of God should be the Final Authority and Absolute Rule of Conduct for a man of covenant (and for every Believer).

But what does this really mean? Well, we see in Luke 4:4 that this means that we are to live by every word of God. Now to me, every word of God means all the words of God, not just the ones we like or that are easy to live by.
Hebrews 4:12 tells us the Word of God is living, powerfull, and can discern the thoughts and intents of our heart, Wow! I don't know about you, but I willingly cede to something that's "all that" to be the authority in my life, guide me in all I do and order my steps.

The bottom line for a man of covenant is that if God said it (His Word), that's it, all you need to hear, and that Word (of God) should be how you strive to live and conduct your life.

Is that what you do, how you strive to live your life each and every day? The answer is between you and God. But the good news is that if you are not, it's not too late! Be honest with yourself and God (who already knows), repent, commit before God to make His Word the Final Authority and Absolute Rule of Conduct for how you strive to live your life, and ask God to help you (and He will!).

Principle three which we will look at in the next Post, goes right along with principle two. So get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment